XUMP.com is a Green Company!
At Xump.com, we have an unwavering respect for the environment. We believe it is a moral and ethical responsibility to have sound ecological stewardship, and we are committed to doing our part in encouraging responsible use of our natural resources and protecting the environment. We believe that environmentally sustainable business practices can build employee and customer loyalty, drive new business for our company, and even be cost effective! This is reflected in both the types of products that we sell and our business practices:
Xump is unwavering in continuing to find ways to improve environmental stewardship within our company. Such commitments include eventually having our warehouse facility be run off solar energy, and soon changing our invoices to a much smaller paper format, thus drastically reducing both our energy consumption and paper waste.
- All of our UPS shipments are carbon neutral! To find out more about the UPS carbon neutral program, go to: http://carbonnetural.ups.com
- Our innovative small-size invoice postcard and all of our promotional inserts are printed using eco-friendly inks based on soy which emit very low traces of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). VOCs are the fumes emitted into the air from inks, solvents and cleaners as they are used or while they dry. Our VOC levels are one of the lowest in the world and much lower than the required amounts set by the AQMD. We print your invoice details with a thermal printing printer which uses NO ink/toner therefore completely eliminating toner waste.
- Xump uses recyclable material in all of its packaging process. Our cardboard boxes and packaging bubbles are 100% recyclable, and we currently use 100% recycled content paper for our invoices.
- Xump has implemented a recycling program at our warehouse and store locations where all money earned by recycling is used for activities to build employee morale, hence creating more incentive for employees to utilize this program.
- Xump is committed to promoting continuous improvement in creating a "paper-less" work environment, where memos, announcements, contact with customers and employees, etc. are done primarily via email.
- Xump recently successfully reduced its energy consumption by 30%! Daily conservation efforts such as turning off lights, appliances, computers etc. when not in use and limiting use of A/C and heater are an integral part of our company's standard procedures.
- Xump is dedicated to selling a large variety of science kits and products that teach young minds about alternative sources of energy, how pollution affects our environment, and ways in which to creatively recycle to create fun and interesting toys! Just some examples include:
- Xump routinely donates to science fairs, camps, and special events that encourage teaching children and youth about environmental stewardship.
We are committed to conducting our business in an ecologically responsible and proactive way. We hope that our practices and the products that we sell will encourage our business partners and customers (both old and young!) to strive for the same high level of commitment in protecting our natural resources!